les pipelettes au jardin Index du Forum

les pipelettes au jardin

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Finally healthy, Richardson becoming what Seahawks hoped

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    les pipelettes au jardin Index du Forum -> Les pipelettes au jardin -> Alerte sur notre planète
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aliciahuang

Féminin

MessagePosté le: Mer 8 Nov - 09:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Finally healthy, Richardson becoming what Seahawks hoped Répondre en citant

Paul Richardson believed that if he could ever get through all the injuries that have sidetracked his career, he could develop into a consistent option for the Seattle Seahawks.

It's finally happening, and just in time with Richardson in a contract year.

"I'm pretty confident in myself out there and in the offense. My biggest focus every week is to stay healthy," Richardson said. "So as long as I'm healthy, I feel like I give us a good chance on offense to make some plays or at least draw some attention, take the top off or whatever my duty calls me to do that week, I just maximize it."

One of the big questions entering the season was who would become the complementary wide receiver opposite Doug Baldwin, especially after Jermaine Kearse was traded to the New York Jets before the start of the regular season.

Richardson is filling that role. He's already set a career high with a team-high five touchdown receptions, including two TDs and 105 yards receiving in Seattle's win over Houston two weeks ago. He's four catches away from tying his career-best of 29 receptions in his rookie season in 2014.

Having those second and third options has become even more important as Seattle's run game has scuffled through the first eight weeks and the team has relied more on quarterback Russell Wilson's arm. Seattle is second in the NFL in passing yards per game and Wilson is on pace to attempt more than 600 passes this season for the first time in his career.

Baldwin will always be Wilson's primary target. But Richardson's improved consistency and ability to win deep throws downfield has been a boost for Seattle's offense.

"It is really fun to see him so confident now," coach Pete Carroll said. "He has just grown so much. He has been very level-headed about it as well in his work habits and everything. His mentality has been great, but you can see the confidence is really just coming out of him."

Injuries have defined most of Richardson's career to this point. It started at the end of his rookie season when Richardson suffered a torn ACL in a playoff game against Carolina. He missed the first half of the 2015 season still recovering and when he did return, he suffered a season-ending hamstring injury on his only catch of the year, a 40-yard reception down the sideline.

He returned healthy in 2016 but struggled to find a role in the offense until late in the season. He finished the regular season with 21 catches,Womens Earl Thomas III Jersey, but had seven receptions and a touchdown in Seattle's two playoff games. The Seahawks had seen enough from Richardson to feel confident going into this season that his role could increase and he could essentially take the place of Kearse.

That's largely what has happened. Richardson has at least two catches in every game. He leads the team in touchdowns. Richardson's offseason work catching passes form Wilson in Los Angeles is paying off.

"What Paul Richardson has been able to do this year is a testament to his hard work, and is a testament to everything he's been doing all offseason,Womens Michael Bennett Jersey, honestly," Wilson said. "He had an unbelievable offseason; he was getting tons of work down in L.A.,Womens Jimmy Graham Jersey, we were getting together throwing a bunch and it's really proving that he's really back at a high level."

Of course, the timing couldn't be better for Richardson. His rookie contract is up after the season, and while Richardson understands that's his reality,Womens Doug Baldwin Jersey, he's doing his best not to let it be a distraction.

"My agent wants me to stay focused, just like my family wants me to stay focused. Don't play with hypothetical because it can have an effect on my play and that's the last thing I want affected," Richardson said. "I know the more I do on the field the more it speaks for itself."

NOTES: Seattle placed FB Tre Madden on injured reserve due to a calf injury and added LB Josh Forrest from the practice squad. ... Seattle will wear its "Action Green" uniforms for Thursday's game against Arizona. Seattle wore them at home last year when it faced the Rams on Thursday night.

The Seattle Seahawks are making another switch at running back for Thursday Night Football vs the Arizona Cardinals; perhaps by necessity or maybe by design or even a bit of both.

According to offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell,Womens Kam Chancellor Jersey, the Seahawks will use running back Thomas Rawls as their lead back on Thursday. The team had planned to ride Eddie Lacy last week vs Washington but after just 11 snaps and six carries for 20 yards, Lacy had to leave the game due to a groin injury. Head coach Pete Carroll still wasn't sure on Monday,Womens Amara Darboh Jersey,when he spoke to the media, of Lacy's status for Thursday but it sounds as if he'll either be limited or miss entirely based on Bevell's words on Tuesday.

Rawls had his most impactful game of the season on Sunday. He rushed for 39 yards on nine carries and two catches for 31 yards. After battling an early season ankle injury himself, he may finally be catching his stride.

Stride or not, the Seahawks will attempt to make him their lead dog on Thursday like they did with Lacy on Sunday but pray for less injury-filled results.

The Los Angeles Chargers announced on Tuesday that the team had activated middle linebacker Denzel Perryman from injured reserve/designated to return and brought back veteran tight end Jeff Cumberland.

To make room for those moves, the Chargers waived linebacker Josh Keyes and offensive lineman Tyler Marz.

Perryman, 24, began the regular season on injured reserve and has been out since suffering a left ankle injury in the team's preseason opener against the Seattle Seahawks in August that required surgery. However, the University of Miami product began practicing three weeks ago, and Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said he likes what he's seen so far from the third-year pro.

Perryman finished with 72 combined tackles and two sacks last season and posted similar numbers (73 tackles, two sacks) his rookie season in 2015. It's expected that Perryman will improve a Chargers run defense allowing 135 rushing yards a contest, second worst in the NFL.

Cumberland is an athletic tight end who had a good training camp with the Chargers earlier this year before being shut down because of a lingering hamstring injury.

Cumberland, 30, was signed by the Chargers during the offseason in 2016 but suffered an Achilles injury during preseason play that forced him to miss the entire season.

Cumberland came back healthy and made several explosive plays during training camp practices in August. However, a hamstring injury during the second week of training camp forced him to miss most of exhibition play,Authentic Earl Thomas III Jersey, and he was released during final roster cuts in September.

The Chargers also added offensive lineman Cole Toner to the team's practice squad.

The uniforms were first revealed last year Q13 News This Morning. The Hawks then wore them in a matchup against the Rams.

“It shows that we’re different. We’re a different team. We’re a different animal, when you put on these colors,” said wide receiver Doug Baldwin. “When you put on this jersey,Authentic Michael Bennett Jersey, you represent the Seattle Seahawks. And that means something, it’s a little bit different from what anybody else can understand,Authentic Jimmy Graham Jersey, but when you put on these colors you understand it when you’re out there on the field.”

“I love it, man. Overall,Authentic Doug Baldwin Jersey,” strong safety Kam Chancellor said last year. “I think that green looks good on a dark-skinned brother like me. I like it, it’s a real bright color, but I like it. I like how they got a little bit of blue on it just to make it pop out a little bit,Authentic Kam Chancellor Jersey, and the helmet with it makes it look good.

“It’s going to be a different look, but I like it.”

Welcome to your game-day Morning Buzz,Authentic Amara Darboh Jersey, rounding up news and views regarding the Green Bay Packers from around the web and here at PackersNews.com. Grab a strong cup of coffee and get caught up on everything you need to know about the Packers.

We’ll start with Tom Silverstein’s latest piece on the Packers needing to find help for their meager pass rush and how that task most likely will fall to two rookies.

Elsewhere in the NFC, two contenders bolstered their roster with veteran acquisitions as the trade deadline came and went.

The Seattle Seahawks addressed their biggest need with the acquisition of left tackle Duane Brown from the Houston Texans and the Philadelphia Eagles boosted their rushing attack by acquiring running back Jay Ajayi from the Miami Dolphins.

In Green Bay, the Packers stood pat, putting all their chips down on two rookies to address their biggest need on defense: the pass rush.

When the Packers take on the Detroit Lions on Monday night, outside linebacker Vince Biegel and defensive tackle Montravius Adams will be integrated into the defense with the hope that sometime in the remaining nine weeks the two rookies will make them a better team.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 8 Nov - 09:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    les pipelettes au jardin Index du Forum -> Les pipelettes au jardin -> Alerte sur notre planète Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation